“It is the duty of man to raise up man.”
– José Martí (Poet, Philosopher, Cuban national hero)
“Es deber del hombre levantar al hombre.”
– José Martí (Poeta, Filósofo, héroe nacional Cubano)
Fun Fact: Dan ran with the bulls during the annual San Fermín festival in Pamplona, Spain.
Mr. Vazquez has successfully prosecuted cases on behalf of victims harmed by the negligence of others. Dan Vazquez was born in Warren, Ohio, and raised in the barrier island community of Satellite Beach, Florida. He graduated from Satellite High School, where he was a letterman athlete rower with Space Coast Crew. In college, Dan was a member of the University of Florida TriGators Triathlon Team. Mr. Vazquez received his undergraduate bachelor’s degree (BA) in history from the University of Florida and graduated with high honors (magna cum laude). Dan Vazquez is a member of several prestigious leadership and academic honoraries including Phi Beta Kappa and Florida Blue Key. Dan is an avid outdoor enthusiast and enjoys biking, kayaking, scuba diving, adventure travel, and snow skiing.
In 2008, Dan Vazquez studied international environmental law abroad at the Universidad de Costa Rica, where he learned from renowned international legal scholars, several of whom regularly litigate before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Mr. Vazquez’s studies at the UF Levin College College of Law focused on trial advocacy and environmental justice for impoverished communities affected by corporate pollution. Dan Vazquez was a member of UF Law’s Environmental Moot Court team and received a best oralist award for his argument of complex appellate issues. Mr. Vazquez earned a Certificate in Environmental Law and Land Use Planning in addition to his Juris Doctor (JD) degree.
In his first few months as an attorney, Dan Vazquez was selected by former University of Florida College of Law Dean, Jon Mills, Director of the law school’s Center for Governmental Responsibility (CGR), to serve on the center’s Oil Spill Working Group. Mr. Vazquez collaborated with Professor Mills, CGR staff attorneys, and a student research team to develop emergency legal response and policy solutions to the 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster.
SUPER LAWYERS, FLORIDA TREND LEGAL ELITE, AND 10.0 – SUPERB AVVO RATING
Dan Vazquez’s professional achievements and peer recognition in the practice area of Personal Injury Plaintiffs Litigation have resulted in his selection by leading peer-review top-tier attorney ratings services. Out of nearly 100,000 lawyers in the state of Florida, Mr. Vazquez was selected as 1 out of only 148 lawyers chosen by Florida Trend Magazine for its “Up and Comer” Legal Elite designation. Mr. Vazquez has also been chosen by Florida Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star.” Florida Super Lawyers is an established lawyer rating service that selects outstanding lawyers in over 70 practice areas. Florida Super Lawyers selected Mr. Vazquez following a rigorous peer-review and multiphase selection process in which only the top 2.5% of Florida lawyers are chosen for the Rising Star designation. Mr. Vazquez has also achieved a perfect 10.0 “Superb” ranking by Avvo.com; a lawyer directory and ranking service.
Why did you choose to practice law?
“Law is really about the way people interact with one another in society, and how we, as a community, resolve our disputes. I enjoy working with clients from all backgrounds. Clients first come to me with a crisis in their life. I help them work through that crisis and achieve the best outcome for them. Empowering clients with options, working alongside them to gather all the facts, and leveling the playing field against their opponents are all reasons why I became a lawyer and why I enjoy what I do.”
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Kellner v. David, 140 So.3d 1042 (Fla. 5th DCA 2014)
Classes & Seminars
- “An A to Z Guide to Florida PIP No-Fault Law” for the Alachua County Law in the Library Series of Legal Lectures
- “Florida Bicycle Laws and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage” for the University of Florida TriGators Triathlon Team
- “The Katzman Decision – ‘50 Shades of Expert Witness’ and What Treating Physicians Should Know” for the North Central Florida Chiropractic Association
- “The Top 10 Mistakes People Make in Auto Injury Cases” for The University of Florida Pre-Legal Honor Society
- “Personal Injury Legacy of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill” for the SSJ Sierra Club
- “The Effect of Florida’s New PIP Laws as Told from the Trenches of the Plaintiffs’ Bar” for the North Central Florida Chiropractic Association
- Guest Workshop Instructor, University of Florida Trial Practice Course, invited by course professor, Senior Judge Stephan P. Mickle, United States District for the Northern District of Florida
Honors and Awards
- Academic “Book Award” in Water Law, UF College of Law
- Dean’s List (honors grade point average), UF College of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors, The Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2010 – 2013
- The James C. Adkins, Jr. Chapter, American Inns of Court, Former Member
- The Chester Bedell Chapter, American Inns of Court, Former Member
Former Work Experience
- University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Guest Faculty Trial Team Coach, 2012 – Present
- Center for Governmental Responsibility, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Oil Spill Working Group, Environmental Consultant, 2010 – 2011
- Florida Supreme Court (Tallahassee, Florida), Justice Jorge Labarga
- Law Clerk Extern, 2009 – 2010
- The Florida Bar – Section of Trial Advocacy
- Advanced Trial Law CLE Program (Gainesville, Florida), 2010
- Spohrer & Dodd, P.L. (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Summer Associate, 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Certificate Candidate – University of Florida Levin College of Law, Florida Supreme Court, 2007 – 2010
Areas of Practice
- All Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Environmental Law (Toxic Torts)
622 NE 1st St. Gainesville, FL 32601