Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, PATap To Call
to Call
(352) 376-6046

Florida Motorcycle Accident FAQs

At Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, P.A., we have decades of experience representing the victims of motorcycle accidents in northern Florida.

Below is a list of frequently asked questions and concerns, by victims of motorcycle accidents in northern Florida. If you have suffered an injury as the result of a motorcycle accident in Alachua, Marion, Levy, Gilchrist, Dixie, Bradford, Columbia, Union, Putnum, Citrus or Duval counties, you may well be entitled to compensation. Contact our motorcycle accident lawyers.

After a motorcycle accident has happened, who can file a lawsuit in Florida?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: Any person who was injured in an accident in Florida, or any person whose property was damaged in an accident in Florida due to someone else’s negligence can file a lawsuit.

Can I get pain and suffering following a Florida motorcycle accident?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: Yes. If you were in an accident that’s due to someone else’s negligence, you’re entitled to be compensated for pain, suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses.

I was injured because of a defect in my motorcycle. What can I do?

Jack J. Fine: The most important thing that you can do if you are injured due to a defect or a suspected defect in your motorcycle is preserve the bike. You want to take photographs, you want to keep the bike in a safe place. Contact a lawyer so the lawyer can explore the liability of the manufacturer and the sales shop for the defect.

I was injured in a Florida motorcycle accident, but I wasn’t wearing a helmet. Can I still get pain and suffering?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: Yes. If the accident was due to the other driver’s negligence, then you’re still entitled to compensation.

Is it important to retain an attorney for my Florida motorcycle accident case?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: Yes. If you were involved in an accident and caused damage to someone else, or you yourself were injured, it’s important to talk to a lawyer about the facts of the case. You need to know whether or not you’re entitled to compensation, and you need to know whether or not you yourself might be liable.

Is motorcycle accident law the same as car accident law?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: In Florida, some of the laws are the same, and some of the laws are different. If you talk to an experienced trial lawyer, they’ll be able to tell you which laws apply to your specific factual situation.

What can I do if a defective roadway or unmaintained roadway caused a Florida motorcycle accident?

Honorable Martha Ann Lott: Maintenance of roadways are the responsible of certain government entities. That makes the case more complex. You need to talk to an experienced trial lawyer that can analyze the facts of your case and answer those questions for you.

In 1980, Jack J. Fine founded the law firm now known as Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, P.A. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, they are a well-respected personal injury law firm providing individualized service to people and families across Gainesville who have been harmed due to the negligence of others.

Chat With Us
Put this in the Header Tag