Environmental Contamination and Toxic Torts

environmental contamination toxic torts

Environmental Contamination & Toxic Torts in North Florida

You may remember the movie “Erin Brockovich,” in which a determined woman exposes Pacific Gas & Electric. The giant utility company had been leaking toxic Chromium 6 into the ground water for 30 years, poisoning the water supply of a small California town.

At the Florida personal injury law firm of Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, P.A., we also represent individuals who have suffered cancer, permanent respiratory damage, severe chemical burns and other significant injuries from a wide range of environmental contaminants or toxins. From our main office in Gainesville, our contamination of water attorneys handle class-action cases throughout Florida involving:

  • Exposure to dangerous chemicals
  • Contaminated drinking water
  • Improper hazardous waste disposal
  • Exposure to toxic mold
  • Explosions caused by improper chemical storage
  • Other environmental hazards

As seasoned litigators in state, federal and appellate courts, our trial experience is extensive. Your personal injury case may very well settle, but we prepare every case for the possibility of trial. Because of our experience, we also have an in-depth knowledge of the particular laws and regulations that pertain to meeting the burden of proof in toxic tort cases.

Our lawyers also work with community leaders and community activists to conduct health studies and gather other vital information and evidence. Proving causation is necessary yet difficult in environmental class-action lawsuits, so having a firm on your side that knows how to conduct such an investigation is critical.

If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries due to unsafe drinking water, toxic mold exposure or any other type of environmental contamination, do not hesitate to schedule a free initial consultation with a licensed attorney at Fine, Farkash & Parlapiano, P.A. Simply call our Gainesville office at 352-562-7809 or 877-418-1087, or contact us online. We only get paid if we recover money for you.

Se habla español